Back to all Career opportunities
Minchin Moore provides holistic financial advice to individuals, families and for purpose institutions. A central part of this roles is the stewardship of client investment portfolios under our ‘Managed Discretionary Account’ service.
Our evidenced based investment process is underpinned by our documented Investment Charter and Investment Philosophy.
The Associate Portfolio Manager is an integral role within the Investments Team and is responsible for all facets of the investment process, including portfolio rebalancing, technology management, investment research, fund manager reviews, coordination of the Minchin Moore Investment Committee (IC), and supporting the Advice team on investments matters.
Detailed Role and Task Description
Day-to-Day Running of the investment process –
- Assisting with the preparation and compilation of documents for the quarterly Investment Committee (IC) meetings
- Documenting and following up on action items from the IC
- Co-ordinating the fund manager review meetings, documenting manager ratings and maintenance of the review calendar
- Managing and updating the model portfolios and portfolio rebalance software
- Conduct asset class reviews and research relevant fund managers for consideration at the IC
- Ensuring all client portfolios are initially invested and rebalanced according to the schedule
- Maintaining and updating the rebalance schedule
- Engaging with the Advice Team regarding portfolio reviews
- Supporting the Dealer with trade execution
- Use of Morningstar Direct for the benchmarking the Minchin Moore model portfolios against industry peers and benchmarks
- Undertake portfolio analysis to support Advisers and the IC as required
Portfolio Management Operations
- Ensuring integrity of datafeeds from administration platforms into XPLAN to enable accurate portfolio management and client reporting
- Develop and implement technology enhancements to improve portfolio management productivity and efficiency
- Running the weekly cash balances report to ensure client portfolios have the optimal cash weighting as defined by their Investment Program
- Running the term deposit maturities report to ensure client portfolios have the optimal cash weighting as defined by their Investment Program
- As and when corporate actions take place managing the tender process including the allocation of stock to the clients’ portfolios with reference to the clients need as defined by their Investment Program
Advice Team Support
- Support the Advice Team with regular investment briefings. A key role of the Investment Team is to provide regular briefings with updates regarding our investment portfolios and the broader investment/economic environment.
- Providing the advisers with analytics and insights regarding the performance of the Minchin Moore portfolios including presentation material to be used in client meetings.
- Support the Advisers in client meetings as required.
- 4 years+ experience in financial services, ideally in funds management or investment research
- Sound knowledge of portfolio management theory and fundamentals of asset class investing
- Familiarity with the characteristics of each asset class and exposure to listed securities, exchange traded funds, and managed funds
- Highly numerate
- Process oriented
- Diligent, organised, methodical
- RG146 Accreditation
- Bachelor’s Degree in a finance discipline
- Demonstration of commitment towards further education
- Systems experience: IRESS, IOS, Wrap Platforms, Excel, XPLAN